Saturday, April 17, 2010

www.LesPetitesFleursCafe.com

Les Petites Fleurs Cafe

About Us      Menu & House Wines    Frances's Dried Flowers     Tonight's Meal

Contact Us




Welcome to Les Petites Fleurs Cafe, where flowers fill your surroundings and food satisfies your stomach.  


About Us

My sister and I have wanted to own a cafe since we were children.  We moved to France three years ago and a year after we got here, we started, LPF Cafe.  Our dream was to bring together the beauty of flowers and the beauty of food.  I run the cafe while Frances dries flowers to sell to artists, paper makers and anyone else who wants to decorate their home or their plate with flower petals.  

Menu and House Wines



The menu changes daily, according to what is ready to be harvested from our garden.
Above was one of our recent menus. 

We rotate our wines to fit our menu. The menu above was paired with:

Domaine de Poulvarel--Vignoble de la Valle du Rhone, a fine rose that is lovely in the late afternoon with some appetizers.

Faugeres Domaine Leon Barral 2006, a deep oak red which was nice with dinner.


Frances's Dried Flowers

Although Frances likes secrets and the way she dries her flowers is top secret, she permitted some photographs be taked of the process. 


Frances does most of her drying by the wall heater behind the sofa in the sitting room


You can see all her petals drying here.  They are the petals from flowers that have been replaced by newer ones.

Frances donates the stems and "hearts" of each flower to the local art center to be used as paintbrushes.


 Tonight's Meal

I begin each day picking the flowers from our garden and designing them in vases



Sometimes Frances helps me.


I sweep up all the stems from the flowers that I trim.


A couple showed up before typical dining hours. Of course, we accepted them happily. We told them we had a party of 10 coming in less than two hours. They were agreeable. 


As we always do, we offered a flower for the Lady and appetizers of a variety of olives, aged gouda and aged chevre. 


The Gentleman enjoyed the peaceful late afternoon with his partner.


Between the appetizers and the main course, I served them cool wash cloths with some of Frances's dried flower petals to dab their faces with.  It was a hot late afternoon in the south of France.






While our guests were enjoying themselves on the terrace, I was very busy in the kitchen preparing broiled, sliced eggplant with creme fraiche and fig balsamic drizzled on top.




My lady guest was very happy.

Meanwhile, I was peeling fresh white asparagus which I picked this morning.  In France, it is the perfect season for asparagus. 


Frances eavesdropped on our guests before I called them in for dinner.
She heard the MARRIAGE PROPOSAL!







Our guests enjoyed their meal immensely. 
Here's what they thought about the experience at Les Petites Fleurs Cafe:


The gentleman guest said, "The meal was sublime. I'm not sure if it was the appetizers or the ambience or the Rose, but I had to propose, right then and there. To think I'd only met her only three hours earlier at the truffle stand at the market."

The lady guest said, "I've never felt both so at home and so pampered in my LIFE!  Eleanore and Frances have the touch. Every plate was graced with a flower, all communication graced with eye contact, and even the eavesdropping was special--I needed a witness to the intense joy I felt the moment my new friend--and soon to be best friend--proposed!"


Contact Us:

Eleanore Hamilton
Frances Joy Hamilton
1 Place Austerlitz
30700 Uzes France






2 comments:

  1. i am barely able to contain myself. i have booked a flight for 2 weeks from today. is that day going to be acceptable to you and your stunning cafe for dinner for myself and my mate? i can be reached at Rancho de los
    Cabalerros in the southern tip of the western united states. it too is quaint. but we look for prickly pear glazes and yucca root purees for our sustainence. i will dress for southern france, wear little adornment for i wish to order a crown of flowers-by-fjoy for my hair. if i might be so forward (as we american's can be overblown by ourselves) i would ask that lovely lady eleanore for that eggplant dish described in the above announcement. as for my date-mate, we too shall be married on your terrace, although it will be a second time around ceremony repeating our vows. he would like the same dish that your diner jeff ordered in the castle some week or so back, as it looked to truly appetizing. my husband loves pork. i am sorry to keep you as you have so much to do, but that lovely eleanore just has the prettiest smile on her face, and seems to be pleased with the service at the cafe. my best from america, and i shall fly over soon to dine with you on that charming terrace and please! that flower girl, fjoy, remind her of my ring of flowers for my head as it is such an important holiday for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly outstanding experience. I give this promising new restaurant 2 Michellin stars. Very well done girls!

    ReplyDelete